Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Emmys 2014

Why did I spend three hours of my life watching the Emmys?

I don't want to watch these Hollywood awards shows, but it's a habit I can't break.

Seth Meyers was OK. He certainly didn't crash and burn like David Letterman did when he hosted the Oscars, but he wasn't great.

The whole show was pretty flat.

Things didn't click.

"Weird Al" Yankovic, theoretically, should have been a highlight, but he wasn't.

Billy Crystal's tribute to Robin Williams was touching because it was heartfelt and real. The moment wasn't driven by ego, a rare thing during an awards broadcast.

Speaking of ego, could Julia Roberts have been more annoying?

No. No, she was as annoying as it gets.

She presented the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. When announcing the nominees, she couldn't just read the names. She added comments. She did a Matthew McConaughey impersonation. Just SHUT UP!

After she was done with her shtick, she couldn't announce the winner before selfishly yapping some more.

She informed the audience:

"This is horrible. This is a horrible category! God, I'm glad I'm not in this category! And I apologize to anybody who doesn't hug me in the next 10 seconds. [Loud sigh] The Emmy goes to... and you're all fabulous, by the way... and the Emmy goes to -- Bryan Cranston."
What is wrong with her?

Again, why did I spend three hours of my life watching these people?

I am happy Breaking Bad got the recognition it deserves. No Jeff Daniels abomination this year.

Emmys: 'Breaking Bad,' 'Big Bang Theory's' Jim Parson's win big

Emmy Awards 2014: 'Breaking Bad,' 'Modern Family' big winners

Emmys 2014: ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Modern Family’ Take Top Honors








No comments: